Saturday, January 8, 2011

How is it?

How is it that people (generally speaking) are full of regrets, embarrassments, sorrows, and a multitude of other negative emotions about their past? I wish that the masses would be able to start letting things go. It's hard to do I know.
But by removing feelings (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you need to turn into some "void of any emotion" type of person) from the situation and taking the past for what it's worth I am able to not have to cart around this baggage of wretched emotions and allow them to be toxic to my future. You can do the same

I'm working on it daily. I try to look back and say "Okay, what did I learn from that really embarassing situation?", remove the feelings then choosing to apply what I learned.

From my short time on this plant I can comfortably say that the people who carry these feelings around with them are allowing past choices, that were inevitable, to impact their ability to be confident in their choices now. Thus leading to half-hearted attempts at life's great challenges.

*Start to leave the emotions of your past behind you.
*Get on with the future in the best way you know how.
*Do it being confident that you've learned from prior events.
*Apply of the black and white of the lessons you learned from the past.
*Move forward gracefully with no regrets, only more wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment